1. Investing in an active trade or business by your IRA LLC via a tax pass through entity such a an LLC and a S Corporation
  2. Using margins to buy stock
  3. Using nonrecourse loan to buy real estate

Note: An IRA LLC investing in an active trade or business using a C Corporation, which would include almost all public stock companies and mutual funds, would not trigger the UBTI.

Comment on this FAQ

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *